Wasp stings are the cause of our fear of wasps.

Unlike bee stings, wasps stings have no barbs and can be used many times.

The pain from wasp stings is caused by a complex protein injected through the stinger as it penetrates the skin.

Individuals react differently: some are hardly affected, others experience pain and swelling, while in other cases, individuals may suffer serious allergic reactions which can even result in death from anaphylactic shock.

For how to avoid wasp stings, how to treat wasp stings, why wasps sting in the first place, see later information posts.

You are most likely to be stung during late summer for a variety of reasons – see ‘why wasps sting’.

Share this on Social Media

What do wasps eat? It changes according to the time of year. Wasp grubs need a…

Create your own wasp free zone

No more wasp problems at your picnic or BBQ with the amazing Waspinator.

£16.95 including £4 P&P